U3A Network NSW was established in 1991. There are currently 67 U3As in New South Wales and the ACT with collectively over 27,000 members. The U3As are divided into six non-metropolitan regions and one metropolitan region. Each region has a Regional Representative who is also a member of the Network Committee.
- Network Aims and Objectives are to:
- Provide information, advice and relevant services to member U3As, and encourage their involvement in the wider community, while recognising their autonomy.
- Encourage co-operation and networking between member U3As, and as far as practicable, with other U3A organisations in Australia and internationally.
- Support the formation of U3As within the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
- Promote the U3A movement by publicising it through various media.
- Represent member U3As at State and National levels.
- Establish and maintain links with educational and Seniors’ organisations.
- Co-operate with and seek support from relevant sources for applied research into life-long learning and related aspects of ageing.
The Network holds an annual conference that is hosted by a member U3A in the city/town where the hosting member U3A is located.
For more information visit www.nsw.u3anet.org.au.